Well, approximately 90% of people between the ages of 15-30 suffer from the acne problem worldwide. As if dealing with acne wasn’t bad, you have to deal with scars that pimples can leave behind. Do you know what leads to scars? Acne scars appear as a result of cystic acne. These marks can endure for even many years. Significantly, acne occurs due to the unhygienic routine that one follows. The growth of bacteria, dead asking, and oil clogs the skin pores and causes inflammation.
If you have tried several medications and still did not succeed to get rid of the acne scars. Give a try to the skin needling treatment. It is also known as micro-needling due to the procedure done by needles. One can also visit the clear skin clinic in Canberra for professional assistance from a dermatologist
What exactly is Skin Needling?
It is a unique treatment that is done to treat the scars left behind by acne. The trained dermatologist makes use of sharp and sterilized needles to prick the infected skin area with a small handheld instrument. The majority of people assume that this process is very harmful as it makes use of needles but in actuality, it is very safe. It also treats the fine lines, large pores along with acne scars
Significantly, the biggest reason for choosing this treatment is due to its low cost, and effectiveness. Additionally, many people use different terms for skin needling but the work is the same. The other terms used are Collagen induction treatment and percutaneous collagen induction therapy
As discussed, skin needling is a safe procedure and causes very less pain during the treatment. It sparks the formation of collagen to treat skin problems. Many people prefer this procedure for getting rid of their stretch marks as well.
Moving further, It’s also utilized in anti-aging procedures like eyelids surgery and sunspots treatment.
Therefore, If you are healthy and do not have any skin issues responding to home therapies or other dermatologic procedures like peels, you might be a good candidate for this surgery.
How much cost can be expected for this treatment?
Though, there is no set payment structure for this procedure. But, the exact cost of skin needling can be calculated based on the following factors:
- For how long treatment is planned
- From whom you are taking services
- The place of residence
- How many appointments are required?
Many service providers offer consultations for free. They discuss your scars history and the time required to treat them. While many charge a certain amount on every visit and service.
Additionally, the other factors that influence the cost of the treatment are:
The kind of treatment opted for
Many people prefer taking the treatment at home with the help of tools such as derma rollers whereas many visit the clinic for professional assistance. So here are a few types of treatment as mentioned below:
- The Skin needling can be performed from the comfort of the home without the help of any medical practitioner. This procedure involves rolling handheld equipment known as a derma roller across your infected skin. The tool cost very little depending on the place.
- Skin needling with a serum could cost as per session, for particular treatments taken by the client after a few weeks.
- With the injections of PRP, some skin needling procedures are employed. PRP also boosts skin tightening by stimulating skin tissues. Scars, wrinkles, and other indications of growing age are generally treated using PRP.
For effective results, you may require 4 to 8 treatments to take after a few weeks.
Area of skin to be treated
Another important element is the skin area that needs the treatment. If the skin area is large the charges will be different as compared to the one that has a small area to treat. So let’s check out!
- Skin needling costs differently based on the type and overall area rather than by specific body parts. This is especially true when using skin needling in conjunction with serums or PRP.
More time and product are invested in the treatment when the infected area is bigger. A greater price tag is usually associated with a larger quantity of solutions.
Moreover, skin needling is not covered by insurance companies because it is assumed to be similar to a cosmetic therapy categorized under luxury expenditure. It depends on the doctor what amount to charge you or present a payment structure. It is better to consult the dermatologist for all the expenses prior to the treatment to manage the expenses.
Well, it is very crucial to know the step-by-step procedure of the treatment. The dermatologist ensures to collect every detail and also confirms if there is an allergy or reaction to chemicals. So below are a few of the stages before the actual treatment takes place.
- Before beginning the 1st session, there will be an appointment with the doctor to discuss the skin needling procedure, the recovery time, and the best solutions for your skin type looking at the conditions.
- The staff will clean your skin and apply a cream to numb the area being treated during the skin needling process. You may feel a little uncomfortable while the treatment is going on, but the numbing cream will help to reduce it.
- Then the medical staff will continue the procedure of skin needling. They will use a rolling or pen-shaped tool with tiny needles around the face.
- Post the treatment, the dermatologist might use a serum to apply on your face to lessen the pain of needless.
The treatment is generally estimated to complete in 1-1.5 hours. It depends on how big the skin area is. Most people require 7-8 visits to the doctor to feel a difference. Whereas many experience the change within 1-2 sittings.
What precautions to consider after the skin needling treatment?
Once the skin needling treatment is completed, the doctor always advises every client to follow some precautions to let the skin recover fast and avoid any infections. The suggested tips to take care of the sensitive skin are mentioned below:
- After the treatment, use sunscreen whenever going outdoors. During the first week after your skin needling treatment, avoid spending too much time in the sun because sunlight will have more effect on you than the usual days.
- Never touch your face with dirty hands.
- Do not apply makeup with an unwashed brush.
- To avoid infections, use only the prescribed antibiotic cream.
- Never miss your appointments and discuss all the after-treatment experiences with the doctor to ensure everything is alright.
Well, no individual likes to have pimples or scars which ruin the beauty of the face. Therefore many people prefer the skin-needling treatment to treat their face and achieve glowing skin. It is recommended to get treated at a good clinic. For instance: one of the renowned places to get the skin needling done is the laser canberra. It offers assured results with a safe procedure.
Hopefully, the article is helpful to understand the procedure of skin needling and its benefits. For more information, feel free to get in touch.